This is something I made for dinner tonight — my own recipe! (It was surprisingly good. So good, there wasn’t anything left to take pictures of.)
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
Preheat oven to 450° F. If you remember, preheat a 10” cast iron skillet in the hot oven.
In a large bowl, combine
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1” half moons
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 t Oregano
- 2 T Crushed garlic
- 1/4 t Rosemary
- 10 oz uncooked shelf-stable gnocchi
- Liberal helping of sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Drizzle with olive oil until shiny. Mix until well combined.
Add veggie mixture to preheated pan (use hot pads!) and return to oven, preferably on middle rack in the back, with the handle pointing to then back-left corner. Roast for 12-13 min, stir to combine juices and prevent sticking, and roast for 10 min more, this time with handle pointing to the back-right corner.
After about 20 min, take out and stir into hot pan
- 1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese and
- 1-2 oz chèvre or other soft cheese
Return to oven for another 5-7 min, combine ingredients one last time, and top with pine nuts, fresh finely-chopped parsley, and additional Parmesan cheese (if desired).
Serve immediately. Feeds 3-4.